Kia Orana NZ - The Cook Islands border is open from 13 Jan 22 (CKT) for two-way quarantine free travel and once open, we stay open.
For the latest up-to-date information and FAQS follow the links below:
COVID-19 Safety. Our dedicated team here at Ikurangi Eco Retreat are committed to keeping you safe during your stay with us:
- The overall layout of our property gives us an advantage as all structures are stand-alone with open-air access allowing for greater ventilation and air flow
- Each guestroom has its own exterior entrance, a large front deck and all have been strategically placed to ensure space and privacy between rooms
- Physical distancing is made easy with your complimentary breakfast served directly to your room
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning protocols using Enviro-Giene, an eco-friendly cleanser that eliminates coronavirus
- We offer “opt-in” (normal housekeeping) or “opt-out” (restricted social distancing housekeeping)
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser is available in all public areas which are but two, being our reception area and communal studio
- Our snorkelling equipment is sanitised and stored in an antibacterial solution
The Cook Islands Promise
The Cook Islands have developed ‘The Cook Islands Promise’ which is a joint commitment to protect all Cook Islands residents, and international visitors, from the severe acute respiratory syndrome virus widely known as COVID-19.
Developed by Cook Islands Tourism in collaboration with the Office of the Prime Minister and Te Marae Ora, the Cook Islands Promise includes some basic measures when applied will help to safeguard you says, Dr Aumea Herman Secretary of Health.
Our commitment to your safety in paradise works across 3 zones; the General Zone, the Explore Zone and the Stay Zone. Each zone requires actions from us your hosts, and from you, our visitors. >>>read more