Ikurangi Eco Retreat aims to show how sustainability can work commercially without compromising indulgence.
Kia Orana and a warm welcome to Ikurangi Eco Retreat – The Cook Islands first purpose-built eco accommodation and glamping site.
Ikurangi offers guests the choice of a fully furnished Luxury Safari Tent with outdoor “jungle” ensuite or a traditional Tropical Are (Polynesian style studio) with private deck. Our four Safari Tents and three Are have been strategically placed to ensure each room enjoys privacy and views of our pristine environment.
For something really special, book our Ariki Safari Tent and delight in a private claw foot bath under the South Pacific stars and complimentary bubbles on arrival.
At Ikurangi Eco Retreat you will find:
- Intimate boutique resort with exceptional customer service
- Beautiful private studio style room/tent with ensuites
- Eco-luxe toiletries and waffle robes
- Free daily tropical breakfast delivered to your room
- Onsite reception and tour desk 7 days
- Friendly local advice on all the island has to offer
- Chemical free saltwater swimming pool
- Sun loungers and sun umbrellas
- Complimentary use of bicycles and snorkelling gear
- Daily light room service with full service every 3 days
- Free artisan organic coffee and tea making facilities
- Off-site laundry service
- Dedicated Wi-Fi hotspot
Eating and drinking
There’s no need to rush down to an on-site restaurant before a set time at Ikurangi Eco Retreat, as every morning you’re treated to a fresh tropical breakfast “in bed” delivered to your room. Different every day, expect chia seed pudding with cacao nibs, bircher and island smoothie, croissants with smashed avocado and juice, fresh organic fruit salad and homemade yogurt, paw paw muffin with preserves & fruity iced tea - just to name a few. Locally roasted coffee and tea facilities are available in your room at all times.
Rarotonga offers an impressive range of cafés and restaurants and we’ll happily share some of our favourites with you. Ikurangi actively encourages guests to support the local industry by exploring the Polynesian food scene.
For a night in, we recommend our sumptuous grazing platters prepared and delivered by our private chef featuring a selection of local delicacies. Pescatarian, vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options available.
|Kia Orana, Welcome to Ikurangi Eco Retreat||Total Relaxation - Waffle robes & fair trade coffee||Saltwater swimming pool & stunning mountain views||Complimentary bikes to explore the island|